Late night fire destroys Ennice residence
Posted by Suman Sourav
Mar-27-2024 10:03:AM
Category: Global News

An Ennice home, located at 253 Cranford Knoll, was destroyed in a Jan. 25 structure fire.

The home was owned by Grady Cranford and rented by Matthew and Kathy Martin.

All of the Martin’s belongings were destroyed in the fire. The value of the home’s contents was estimated at $15,000, according to Chief David Higgins of the Glade Creek Volunteer Fire Department. Meanwhile, Higgins estimated the damage to the home at $40,000.

The cause of the fire, which was reported at 11:11 p.m. by a neighbor, is still undetermined. Glade Creek firemen were dispatched at 11:17 p.m. “We don’t know what happened,” Higgins said during a phone interview Monday. “The house didn’t have any power or any heat at the time.

“It was burned so bad at the back end of the house that we couldn’t tell what started the fire,” Higgins added. Due to the uncertainty, the Alleghany County Sheriff’s Department was called in to investigating.
Social Share :

Join Telegram
Join Group